- Is Invisalign painful?Most patients report mild pressure during the first few days of using each Invisalign tray. Because Invisalign is made of a very smooth material contoured specifically to your teeth, Invisalign patients report only minor discomfort at the beginning of treatment.
- How much does Invisalign cost?The cost of Invisalign treatment varies from patient to patient. Please see our Invisalign Cost page for more information.
- What is the minimum age to start Invisalign or Invisalign Teen?It is ideal to start Invisalign treatment once all permanent teeth have erupted into the mouth, which will likely be between 12 and 13 years of age. However, McComb Orthodontics recommends that all patients have their first orthodontic consultation at the age of 7 to ensure there are no major issues with your child’s bite that need to be addressed early.
- Am I too old for Invisalign?There is no maximum age for Invisalign patients. In fact, McComb Orthodontics believes Invisalign is a highly effective and extremely esthetic treatment option for adults looking to finally improve their smile.
- How often do I have to wear aligners?Aligners should be worn all the time during your treatment, excluding eating, drinking anything but water, brushing, and flossing teeth. This comes out to around 22 hours per day.
- Are there restrictions on what I can eat with Invisalign?No restrictions. Because your aligners are removed when you eat and drink, you can eat whatever you want. Just make sure your teeth are clean before re-inserting your aligners.
- What are Invisalign aligners made of?Aligners are made from strong, medical grade thermoplastic material developed specially for the Invisalign System. This material is FDA cleared and BPA free, which means they’re safe for your mouth.
- How do I know if I’m a good candidate for Invisalign?All consultations at McComb Orthodontics are completely free. The quickest and easiest way to find out if you’re a candidate for Invisalign treatment is to call today for your complimentary appointment.
Get Started Today!