- Who can wear lingual braces?Lingual braces are designed for all age groups.
- How much do lingual braces cost?
- What do lingual braces look like?The bracket bases are custom-contoured to hug the lingual (tongue-side) surfaces of your teeth. They consist of customized silver brackets and a wire behind your teeth and are not outwardly visible.
- What makes lingual braces different different?Each lingual braces system uses the latest CAD/CAM, rapid prototyping and robotic technologies to create the most personally optimized fit for each patient. In contrast to clear aligners like Invisalign that require you to remember to take the trays in and out, lingual braces are fixed in your mouth and therefore working to straighten your teeth at all times. And most importantly, lingual braces are completely hidden behind your teeth so nobody will know you have braces!
- Will it be painful?Your teeth and tongue may be sore, especially for the first few weeks of treatment, just like with regular braces. Most patients report that their tongue feels swollen (but not scratched) for the first week and that their speech is affected for the first two weeks of lingual braces treatment. After that time, your tongue and speech will adapt and you will become completely comfortable with your lingual braces.
- How do I know if I’m a good candidate for lingual braces?Almost every patient who can have regular braces can use lingual braces. All consultations at McComb Orthodontics are completely free. The quickest and easiest way to find out if you’re a candidate for lingual braces treatment is to call today for your complimentary appointment.
Get Started Today!